boards n : the boarding that surrounds an ice hockey rink
- Plural of board
- Examinations given for entry to college or to qualify for a profession. (From college boards)
- A stage (as in a theater).
- Structure around a rink for ice hockey.
- In the context of "publishing|informal": A hardcover binding on a book.
- His new novel just came out in boards. The paperback will follow in about a year.
structure around a rink
- Finnish: kovakantinen (adjective)
- third-person singular of board
Broadway, L, R, acting area, apron, apron stage, backstage, band shell, bandstand, board, bridge, burlesque, carnival, circus, coulisse, dock, drama, dressing room, entertainment industry, flies, fly floor, fly gallery, forestage, greenroom, grid, gridiron, legit, legitimate stage, lightboard, off Broadway, off-off-Broadway, orchestra, orchestra pit, performing area, pit, playland, proscenium, proscenium stage, repertory drama, shell, show biz, show business, stage, stage left, stage right, stage world, stagedom, stageland, stock, strawhat, strawhat circuit, summer stock, switchboard, the boards, the footlights, the scenes, the stage, the theater, theater world, theatromania, theatrophobia, variety, vaudeville, wings